Saturday, December 29, 2007

Organizing the Stash

As any fabric collector or sewing mama knows, the one thing that can get out of control, and out of control quickly, is the stash. I love my stash, I have been collecting for awhile now, but it was out of control. I read about ruler folding on the Happy Zombie: http://thehappyzombie.com/blog/?p=124 and decided it might be a good idea. Besides, everyone at Sewing Mamas (http://www.sewingmamas.com/) was doing it and showing off their beautiful and organized stashes! So I had to join in!

This was the most recent "Before" picture of my stash closet:




And the impressive "After" pics:

Quilter's Wovens, Bottom Weights, Solid Knits, Velours


Boys Printed Knits, Two Shelves of Girls Printed Knits, Fleeces

The best part is, now I can stack fabric on top of the shelves, too...making it easier to store!





And for all of you fabric addicts, here are closeups of some of the fabrics (I love looking at other people's stashes, so I figure maybe someone else likes it too? :))

Stripes, Camos, Christmas Knits, and a couple prints that wouldn't fit on the shelves :)



Boys Printed Knits



Girls Printed Knits, Shelf 1

Girls Printed Knits, Shelf 2




Thermals, Fleeces


Wovens and Bottomweights


Solid Knits and Velours/Terrys


I am just in love with how organized it is now, and I can actually find everything! Maybe this will motivate you to get folding your stash. And Thanks to the Happy Zombie!!

3 comments:

Kerri said...

That looks great! My stash is a mess. I have bins for certains fabrics but they are full, full, full. And that was after I gave away 100+ yards a couple months ago. I have a metal rack but that holds bins of my notions. I wish I had more space for another rack. Oh well. I can just look at other people's organized spaces and dream. LOL

Unknown said...

OMG Hilary, i'm swooning...

EverythingIveGot said...

...WOW...