Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sometimes UFOs can motivate me

And no, not the flying saucer kind! UFOs in sewing land are unfinished objects....you know, those projects that seemed fabulous, so you cut them out, and then there they sit on your sewing table for just a few months :)

This outfit was one of those. It's been cut out and embroidered for weeks, but I just haven't felt the need to finish it. Maybe because I wasn't totally happy with the embroidery (it looked cuter on the computer), or I was just not feeling into the project.

Today, I just decided it had to be finished. Period. So here it is:


"This shark is going to bite you, num num!":


I actually do like it now that it's done. I love this forest friends corduroy I used for the pants, and the way the light pink and rust red compliment it in the shirt. Overall, I love it! And Draya was quite happy the pants had pockets. I used my favorite pants pattern for her right now, with pockets, elastic back/flat front waist, and a nice straight leg. I did make them slightly slimmer this time, instead of wide like the birdie pants, and I was really happy with how they fit!

No comments: