Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patricks Day!

Abby announced last night that none of the semi-green things in her closet were suitable for the preschool party today, and asked me very nicely to make her something that would be perfect. Of course, being a spoiled child of a sewing mama, demanding new clothing is not a huge inconvenience.

So, I embroidered and made them each a new raglan, with the last little bit of kelly green knit I found in my scrap basket. At first, while searching for embroideries, I was going to go with shamrocks or something just as festive and typical to the holiday, but then I remembered my goal for this year to make holiday shirts that will be worn again.

I had admired these angels at Emblibrary, but wasn't quite sure what to use them for. However, with green dresses, they worked out perfectly!

Here are my little goofball girls, all ready to go to school:


And they really do love each other (either that, or Draya is secretly planning to knock Abby down):


They had a great party! And reported that neither one of them got pinched ;)

No comments: