Friday, February 15, 2008

Celtic Fun and Planning ahead again!

The theme this week and KandF was Celtic Inspirations. I sorted through my collection of embroideries and found some that fit the bill, I was so happy! I found a celtic shamrock I had collected somewhere along the way, and I realized this will also be the perfect shirt for St. Patrick's Day, which we celebrate being Irish.

I have also got to start on my girls' summer wardrobes, or they have no prayer of getting done before summer. In the spirit of that, I made some embroidered capris in the size I think Abby will be wearing now. Thankfully, they do fit pretty well, so now with a few alterations I will have one pattern ready to go to sew for her! I think I will also be using this embroidery for her, I love the simplicity of it. I think that is why I like celtic designs so much, they are simple but beautiful!

I am also VERY excited for this weekend! We have finally saved up enough money that we are going to go and get some real grown-up furniture! We have been married for almost 7 years, and in that time we have been blessed with used furniture hand me downs. Our living room doesn't come close to matching, which didn't really both us that much. We have been paying things off and saving like crazy to purchase a home in the next year or so (if the real estate market would stop tanking!), and we decided it was time to reward our good behavior with something fun that we wanted. So we are going shopping tomorrow, and hoping we find what we want in our budget! It will be nice to have a comfortable place to sit and cuddle with the kiddos, and will be great not to have that expense after we buy our house! I'm starting to feel like a real grownup!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those pants are so cute, do you think the waist would stay up on skinnie minnie Faith though? Like she needs more clothes LOL